Sunday, April 8, 2007

My True Love

It's become painfully obvious for me and a lot of my friends that once you leave the university environment, your awareness of new music hits an all time low. Even I, who was once on the bleeding edge of music fell victim to real life, my job, and the adult life. With the help of my younger brother who just started college, we will maintain this blog to help you, recently out of school music snob, stay hip and with it. I like to think that we have 2 very good sets of ears and would not steer you wrong, after all, there is a lot of crap out there and not enough time to listen to it all. Onwards!

I will inaugurate this blog with a few new cds for 2007. Rating system of 3 stars, three being the highest.

Tickles My Fancy





Dustine Kensrue- Please Come Home
Explosions in the Sky- All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone

Ratatat- Ratatat Remixes Vol. II
Rosie Thomas- These Friends of Mine

Won't Make Your Ears Bleed

  • Arcade Fire- Neon Bible --> ***
  • Piebald- Accidental Gentleman --> **
  • The Queers- Monki Brain --> **
  • Bayside- The Walking Wounded --> **+0.5
  • Fall Out Boy- Infinity on High --> *** (surprising)
  • Lifetime- Self-titled --> **
  • Apostle of Hustle- National Anthem of Nowhere --> **
  • Feist- The Reminder --> ***
  • Modest Mouse- We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank --> *** (also surprising)
  • Morningbell - Through the Belly of the Sea: A Choose Your Own Adventure Album --> **
  • Yoko Ono- Yes, I'm a Witch --> ***

Walk of Shame
  • Of Montreal- Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?--> *+0.5

No comments: