Tuesday, April 24, 2007

April! Week 4!

Wow! I made it to the end of April.

So far I've got 2 cd's under my belt, neither one of them was like WABAAM! AWESOME! But instead are the kinds of albums that could provide a steady soundtrack during your morning commute on the train. Hopefully I will stumble upon something amazing, after all, isn't that what we're all looking for?

Out of nowhere on Wednesday night, I followed a link on the Bwog (Columbia's The Blue and White's Blog), watched an admittedly awesome GarageBand scraped together video about Columbia's Frontiers of Science class. One thing led to another and (no I did not start dating her, although that would be awesome) I plopped down $9.90 on iTunes for Reni Laine's album, American Baby. She is currently a freshman at Columbia and has a lovely voice and has been putting in the time to tour the NYC music scene at places like Pianos (which is awesome). I just finished listening and it was awesome, and then out of nowhere my iTunes search filter let in a Wesley Willis song and I was treated to the sweet sounds of Chronic Schizophrenia. Take a listen @ http://www.myspace.com/renij. If there's one thing I do, it's help out my school and support emerging artists.

Hot Stuff!




Reni Laine- American Baby
Spill Canvas- Denial Feels So Good

Not Bad Not Bad.

Rocky Votolato- The Brag & Cuss
The Comas- Spells
Bjork- Volta (I'm on the fence about this, it could be a lot more awesome than I think it is right now)
Rufus Wainwright- Release the Stars

No comments: