Sunday, September 23, 2007

reoccurring themes

For about the... who knows, 5th time in a row, I've worked a 55+ hr work week. The icing on the cake is that I don't get over time. I am that much of a dedicated worker bee. What suffers is the amount of music I can listen to before being too tired and falling asleep... other times what suffers is the amount of sleep I get, it's 4 am right now. Awesome.

Here's some catch up, stuff that I've found excellent, ok, and un-listenable.


New Found Glory- From the Screen to Your Stereo - I'll go ahead and say it right now, it's awesome. I have a soft spot for well done cover songs. I thought I had left New Found Glory behind when I graduated from middle school.

Kanye West- Graduation - I can't stop listening to the song 'Homecoming' which features Chris Martin from Coldplay. While I'm not a huge fan of Coldplay, the song is awesome and for some reason, reminds me of The Police.

The Higher- On Fire - I have to promote this cd to awesome. I literally haven't stopped listening to it for the last few weeks.

Consistent-
The New Amsterdams- At the Foot of My Rival- Not a whole lot of new ground being broken here, but it's a solid release.

Trapped in Oblivion-

The Weakerthans- Reunion Tour - ? I haven't listened to it yet.

A Fine Frenzy- One Cell in the Sea - ? Haven't listened yet, but I heard one song while randomly watching a clip of MTV U's "The Freshmen", that had fellow Columbia University student, Calvin Sun, as a panelist, and it was a beautiful song. One of the few times I'll admit having been recommended something good by MTV. Did my head just explode?

Barcelona- Absolutes - ? Haven't listened to the whole thing. It was pretty good, so far so good.

No comments: